Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Displaying Images (1)

I added an option in the menu toolbar for a Morphbank image search. The callback function retrieves the tree, gets a list of all of its leaves, and then passes each of their labels to the search function one by one. The search works, but the images aren't displaying the way they used to. I'm still displaying in an external JFrame for now, and the frame pops up, correctly sized for the image, but it's empty (white) inside. I haven't changed that part of the code, so I'm not sure why that's happening, and I've stepped through the functions to make sure I'm not referencing something null somewhere. The answer remains to be found. 

In the meantime I've also attempted to sift through the massive network of code involved in rendering, so as to find out where exactly I jump in and write my code to insert the images before the label names of each leaf. No clear spot as of yet, but I'm knee deep in rendering code and at least starting to learn my way around. 

No comments: