Monday, February 9, 2009

Eclipse/Standalone: One Step Closer

Standalone version: 
I changed the permissions on the .jar files in the lib directory, and the result is a new set of errors: 

lib/freeloader.jar: line 1: PK: command not found
lib/freeloader.jar: line 2: ?h79: command not found
lib/freeloader.jar: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
K-*??ϳR0?3??r?Cq,HL?HU?%?A??E??%?)?N? ??z?ƺI?'MANIFEST.MF?M??LK-.?
./Phylowidget Full.sh: line 1: lib/itext.jar: cannot execute binary file
./Phylowidget Full.sh: line 1: lib/pdf.jar: cannot execute binary file
lib/phylowidget.jar: line 1: PK: command not found
lib/phylowidget.jar: line 2: ??h9: command not found
lib/phylowidget.jar: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
?I??'ϳR0?3??r?Cq,HL?HU?%?A??E??%?)?N?@?@TA-INF/MANIFEST.MF?M??LK-.?

Can we call that progress? Maybe. Anyone know what those might mean? 


Source Code: 
I successfully got Eclipse to recognize the source code in the folder I downloaded, and after downloading Processing, importing it as a library, and adding it to the build path, I now only have 2 errors. They have to do the following import statement: 

import com.lowagie.text.Document;

Anyone know what that might be? There's no "com" directory in my source code folder, so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to find that library. I e-mailed Greg Jordan, the author of the code, to see if he could point me in the right direction.

Closer, for sure, but not there yet. Once I get it running, my task is to make at least one visible change to the code, to prove that it's easy enough to work with. Val suggested I try to change the font, size, or color of the leaf node labels on the tree. If I can figure out how to do that with relatively little frustration, then the code is easy enough to navigate and worth building upon. We shall see about all that once I get the thing running.

No comments: