Monday, February 18, 2008

Two Weeks in the States

I flew home from Israel just as Jerusalem was recovering from a snowstorm. Luckily I was able to escape the city before the worst of it on Tuesday night, and I sought refuge from the torrential downpours at David Mitchell’s apartment in Kfar Sava. It took a total of 6 busses from Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday morning to get me from my apartment in Jerusalem to Ben Gurion Int’l Airport in Tel Aviv, but it was worth it to avoid getting stuck in snowy Jerusalem.
It was so great to be home for those two short weeks. I think we crammed in a whopping 7 doctors’ appointments, 3 summer job interviews (in one day) and 2 weekend excursions to NYU. It was incredibly hectic, but absolutely wonderful. It was just what I needed to make me feel a little more ready to be heading off for such a long time, and so far away. I also made sure that I got a chance to spend some quality time with my family, visit my Swinger, Hillel, and DMD friends at Penn, and then pack my things and start getting ready to fly again.

No comments: